Car accidents lead to numerous injuries. Unfortunately, shoulder injuries are some of the most common injuries people experience in auto accidents. If you have a shoulder injury, pain and immobility make it impossible to fully participate in daily life. That’s why it’s vital to see a chiropractor for shoulder injury treatment. Chiropractic care works to diagnose the root cause of a patient’s condition and provide natural and non-invasive treatment options for optimal results. If you are suffering from a shoulder injury after an auto accident, our team at Ponte Vedra Wellness Center is here to help.
Causes of Shoulder Pain after an Auto Accident
Whether you have been involved in a minor or severe auto accident, it’s important to seek treatment immediately to prevent your injury from worsening. Here are the common causes of shoulder pain after an auto accident:
- Sprains and strains: The impact of the injury may damage your shoulder’s ligaments and tendons, resulting in pain and soreness.
- Dislocation: The impact of a car crash may cause the shoulder blade to disconnect from the socket, leading to excruciating pain and limited mobility.
- Whiplash: Rear-end accidents may cause your head to snap back and forth, injuring your neck’s ligaments and tendons. While whiplash causes headaches and neck pain, the pain may radiate to the shoulders, causing shoulder pain.
- Torn rotator cuff: The telltale signs of a torn rotator cuff include pain when moving your pain, cracking sound when rotating your shoulders, and weakness when lifting your arm.
- SLAP tear: This occurs when the cartilage inside your shoulder joint tears because of injury. Symptoms include a dull or sharp ache and trouble stretching your arm.
If you suspect you have a shoulder injury after a car accident, please visit us for chiropractic treatment immediately. Delaying treatment may complicate your recovery, resulting in more pain and other symptoms.
How Our Chiropractors Can Help
Chiropractic care effectively treats shoulder pain by addressing the root cause of the pain. Manipulating the shoulder aligns your shoulder joint, lifting pressure on impinged soft tissues. Cold laser therapy is also used to treat sprains and strains on the shoulder.
Visit Our Auto Accident Chiropractors Today!
If you suffer from shoulder pain, carrying out everyday activities can be challenging. However, professional chiropractic care can help. Book an appointment with Ponte Vedra Wellness Center for shoulder pain relief today. We have locations in Nocatee and Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.