Knee Pain Relief
Everyone has experienced occasional knee pain. Whether you were on a golf course or simply getting out of bed, it's not uncommon to experience knee pain. However, if your knee pain is more common than you'd like or it begins to impact your daily life, our chiropractor at Ponte Vedra Wellness Center can help. We offer a wide range of treatments for different types of knee pain.
The Common Causes of Knee Pain
Our chiropractor will conduct a physical exam, review your medical history, and perform diagnostic tests to uncover the root cause of your knee pain. These procedures are critical in helping determine the best course of chiropractic care to help you find pain relief. Some of the most common causes of knee pain include:
- Cartilage injuries: Cartilage injuries can cause significant knee pain. These types of injuries are regularly seen with runners, cyclists, skiers, soccer players, etc.
- Tendon injuries: This class of knee pain can include an array of conditions, such as a ruptured tendon or even tendonitis. Overused tendons will eventually become inflamed and lead to severe discomfort.
- Meniscus injuries: These injuries can be caused by tears of the meniscus. Meniscus tears can be the result of quick turns of the upper leg, repetitive rotations of the knee, or twisting of the knee while bearing weight on the knees.
- Ligament injuries: Ligament injuries, like the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), are caused by overstretching or tearing. ACL, medial collateral ligaments (MCL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), and other ligament injuries all cause a great deal of pain and discomfort.
- Fractures: Collisions, accidents, and falls can all cause your knee bone to fracture. Many fractures may require surgical procedures.
- Knee bursitis: If you're a plumber, athlete, roofer, or anyone else who may regularly stay on your knees, you may suffer from bursitis. This condition is caused when the bursae become swollen and inflamed. At the same time, blunt force trauma to the knee can cause bursitis.
- Iliotibial band syndrome: This is a condition that occurs when an inflamed tendon consistently rubs over the exterior knee bone. It can be caused by long-term stress and overuse, such as sports training.
Knee Pain Relief in Ponte Vedra Beach
If you're suffering from knee pain, you don't have to take it lying down. Our experienced chiropractor at Ponte Vedra Wellness Center offers multiple treatments for knee pain. Best of all, we work to treat the underlying condition, not just the symptoms. Call Ponte Vedra Wellness Center in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL today at (904) 273-2691 for knee pain relief.