Damaging or overusing your shoulder joint lead to shoulder injuries, causing pain and limited mobility. However, chiropractic care can restore the full function of your shoulders using natural and non-invasive techniques. If you are suffering from shoulder pain in Nocatee, Ponte Vedra Beach, or the surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to contact our team at Ponte Vedra Wellness Center for personalized shoulder pain treatment.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Your shoulder has three bones: the shoulder blade, the upper arm bone (humerus), and the collar bone (clavicle). Several tendons and ligaments bind your bones together, collectively known as the rotator cuff. Your shoulder components work in harmony to aid in mobility and lifting weights. However, when any part of this complex structure is damaged, this causes shoulder pain. Common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Osteoarthritis: Degeneration or wearing out of the cartilage that cushions the bones causes bones to rub against each other, causing pain and stiffness.
- Strains and sprains: Injuries and awkward twists may cause the tendons and ligaments to overstretch, causing shoulder pain, soreness, and limited mobility.
- Tendonitis: Inflammation of the shoulders’ tendons causes pain and swelling. Tendonitis can either be acute or chronic.
- Bursitis: Bursae are fluid-filled sacs found in numerous joints, including the shoulder. These sacs cushion bones and the underlying tissue to prevent gliding over each other. Overusing the shoulder may inflame the bursae, leading to swelling and pain.
- Impingement: This occurs when the shoulder blade presses the underlying soft tissues, causing pain and stiffness.
- Radicular pain: Sometimes, shoulder pain isn’t localized. You may experience shoulder pain due to issues in other body parts, especially the neck and arms.
When you experience shoulder pain, don’t learn to “live through the pain.” Instead, book an appointment with a chiropractor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
How Our Chiropractors Treat Shoulder Pain
During your first consultation, our chiropractors will start by diagnosing your shoulder pain. This involves assessing your medical history and asking you to move your shoulder in different directions to identify the areas of pain and limited mobility. We may request x-rays and other imaging tests if necessary.
After diagnosing the root cause of your shoulder pain, we may administer one or a combination of chiropractic treatment options, including:
- Spinal manipulation: Aligning your spine promotes overall wellness throughout the body, including your shoulders. We use spinal manipulation to realign the spinal column, which may be the cause of your shoulder pain.
- Massage therapy: This treatment relaxes the tense muscles of your shoulders, reducing pain and swelling.
- Cold laser therapy: If you are suffering from sprains, strains, or arthritic pain in the shoulder, cold laser therapy effectively reduces pain and inflammation.
Visit Us for Shoulder Pain Relief from Our Chiropractors in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
If you are suffering from shoulder pain, don’t hesitate to contact our team at Ponte Vedra Wellness Center for a professional assessment. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help.